We provide a wide variety of choices that will help fulfill a family's wishes, from a traditional funeral to a personalized service that celebrates a loved one’s hobbies and interests.
Altmeyer’s first location, opened in 1922 is situated in downtown Wheeling with ample parking and is close to many downtown churches. It is an immaculately kept Victorian building where families can host gatherings in spacious and comfortable surroundings.
Our second location opened in 1947, Benwood-McMechen Chapel is a newly renovated comfortable and spacious facility designed to accommodate all group sizes. The facility contains a large visitation reception room, and an inviting coffee lounge for refreshments.
Elm Grove Chapel
Our third location, opened in 1955. This facility offers two chapels with an open lounge and sitting area in-between. The lounge has coffee, tea, and soft drinks available for the family. Elm Grove is open and spacious creating a comfortable environment for the families we serve.
The South Wheeling location offers a comfortable and spacious facility that accommodates families of all sizes. It contains a large visitation reception room, and an inviting coffee lounge for refreshments.
Lutes & Kirby-Vance Chapel
This chapel is named after the Lutes, Kirby, and Vance families who provided funeral service to Marshall County for generations. It offers a comfortable and spacious, handicap facility and contains the largest visitation reception room in the Ohio Valley, and an inviting coffee lounge.
Altmeyer Funeral Home has been considered a friend and partner to Beth Sholom Village. The Altmeyer staff demonstrates professionalism and compassion during difficult times with the family members of our residents.